Today I am giving out the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" because I have several people I only/primarily communicate with via blogs or Face.Book who are sources of inspiration to me. They may not realize it, but each of the individuals I am giving this award to today have helped me and I want to give this award as a thank you. Each of you have had, and are continuing to have, various ups and downs in your lives. Whether we communicate frequently or rarely, I have followed each of your journeys. I want to say thank you to each of you for your strength in your own battles, congratulate you on the achievements you have/had, and express my sorrow at the troubles that you have/had. Thank you all for sharing your stories and being sources of inspiration to me.
(Also to everyone who reads this and thinks they should have been nominated please feel free to add yourself/this award to your page. There are some who do not blog, and many blogs that could be nominated -- but my personal "cap" is five, so I broke/changed the rule that suggested 15 blogs were to be nominated).
The "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" rules are as follows:
1. Post the award image on your page.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. List seven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate ___ other blogs for this award. (I left a blank because other blogs suggested anywhere from 10 to 15 blogs -- I leave the number up to you)
5. Notify the individuals you have nominated.
Seven Random Facts About Myself:
1. I still have a visible line (hopefully it will NOT turn into my first scar!) on my left knee where the family dog accidentally scratched me with one of his nails during a particularly loud round of fireworks on July 4th (2012)
2. Although I am lucky enough to have learned both Spanish and American Sign Language (ASL), lack of use has rapidly been deteriorating my speaking ability. (This knowledge was emphasized about a week ago when I received an email from family friends in Mexico and spent longer than needed to get through two short paragraphs!)
3. The last two months my health, which had been fairly stable for the past eight years, has decided to spiral randomly. Some days are good and others are not (three doctors visits and no conclusive results yet. Am waiting).
4. Two summers ago I became a godmother to a boy who has a twin sister (they live in France but visit CA in the summer) and on my good health days I try to spend anywhere from one to six hours at their house playing with them and helping out however I can!
5. This blog was abandoned by me for a while but I returned this summer determined to write something every single day. I have only missed one day so far this month so I declare it a tentative success
6. I would do pretty much anything for my family and friends (likely for their family and friends as well -- it helps me feel like I am giving back/accomplishing something by helping in any way I can -- including thanking a few of the many people who inspire me by giving them a blog award!)
7. I love to read books! (I believe I started reading 'chapter' books on my own by the time I turned six. Up until I received my bachelor's degree -- okay, sometimes after -- I always had at least one book with me at all times, including in the trunk of my car, just in case some time became free and I could squeeze in another chapter)
For the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" I nominate the following five individuals/blogs:
1. A. at Dwelling on Dreams
2. E. at a blanket 2 keep
3. L. at Flotsam and Jetsam
4. M. at Adventures of the Rempfer Pack
5. N. at Welcome to Nathalieland
Thank you to everyone who reads my blog and thank you to everyone who participates/sends forward this award!