Sunday, August 12, 2012

Image found online


Most of my images I tend to find online -- either via goo.gle or FB -- and this is no exception.  "Always smile back at little children.  To ignore them is to destroy their belief that the world is good." There is at least one more I wanted to add here but I can't find it at the moment.  I love spending time around little kids, I went back to school to get my second degree in child development with an emphasis on infants/toddlers.  The 0-5 year old group are my favorite because they learn, change, grow, etc SO MUCH every single week of their lives!  I love being a part of that, whether it is for months at a time, or just a few hours.  They make me smile and give me energy and hope.

Last night I went to spend a couple of hours with my godson and his twin sister -- it was so lovely spending time with the entire family!  Also because of the warm weather the family slide was brought inside (with a couch cushion at the end so none of the kids would get hurt landing on the tiles!)... The twins loved their matching Elmo outfits (a must because they both love Elmo at this time and would fight over who got to wear the "better" outfit) -- then a book for my godson and a package of hair clips for his sister... Stickers for their cousin and juice boxes for all :)

Tonight is the closing ceremony for the summer Olympics.  Already...I don't know where the time goes.  I shall try to watch as much as I can and perhaps post a few images (as I did for the opening ceremony) in tomorrow's post.  Am still keeping with my goal of writing a little something every day!  Too hot to write more now (over 100 still in the shade at half past six) so am going to end here.  Have a great evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment