Friday, August 3, 2012

Courage...

Sometimes I do not know how much time has passed. My memory is no longer as reliable as it used to be.  Then time plays tricks on me, perhaps just to make things more...Interesting? A day can feel like a decade or a mere handful of seconds.  My days recently (and by recently I think I mean for the past few months) -- they have mostly been me existing.  I do have times when I am happy and enjoy certain events/people and have good memories, but often it is just me putting one foot in front of the other. I have learned that this is okay -- no, this is better than okay, because I am not giving up.  I keep fighting through the bad days and try to smile when sick.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."
Every day that I find something good, do something for another person, continue moving (instead of sliding backwards) -- especially the days when I am sick and get through it so I can see the next day -- the wonderful perfect times and the one foot in front of the other times -- it all takes different levels/different types of courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment