Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ouch : (

Considering we are having a week of temperatures between 100 and 110 degrees, the fact that our dog is over eight years old (only supposed to live up to ten years if I recall correctly), and that this is only the third time he has ever bitten anyone... I have one word - Ouch


He is normally a very friendly dog, I just got in between him and another family member while it was dark (all the lights were turned off so windows and doors could be open to let cool air in -- no air conditioning in the house makes things QUITE toasty)...I made a mistake yet luckily the bite is on my thigh so it never bothered my movement at all.  It just hurt at first! The photo on the left was the night I was bitten, August 9th, the one on the right from today (August 14th).  It looks worse in both photos than it actually is (I can press on the bruising/yellow area without any pain, just need to avoid the actual bite).  Just felt like posting one of my rare injuries -- I have never had anything broken, and only once in my life have I sprained something.  Since my 30th birthday is less than a year away I do have a lot to be thankful for!

Oh!  I was able to add a "ticker" (that is what they are called, right?) at the bottom of my page for my godson and his twin sister as a birthday counter/ticker.  Have spent several hours at least twice this past week with them which I love being able to do!!  Changed my FB cover photo to me reading with my godson actually -- they are wonderful blessings in my life and I am lucky to have them, their parents, and the whole family as part of my family since I was...perhaps seven years old?  The parents and three children have expanded (two of the three children are married and have children of their own -- and I became a godmother).

I do need to comment more on blogs/FB pages/send more emails out so I do not feel like I am excluding anyone from my life -- seeing as I am much more of an introvert and would rather curl up with the dog and a book this is actually a challenge for me.  Meeting up in person has become an even greater challenge the past few years (I got sick about eight years ago and life has changed since)...Life will continue to fluctuate.  I shall continue to try and adapt -- and of course enjoy what I can : )

No comments:

Post a Comment