Friday, December 7, 2012

Pearl Harbor

 December 7, 1941 - a date which will live on in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan -Franklin D. Roosevelt
Photo of the Pearl Harbor memorial, located directly over the USS Arizona


Difficult to remember the devastation that occurred not only at Pearl Harbor on this day about seven decades ago but also all of the destruction and loss that the entire war brought to the entire world.  My immediate family and I were fortunate enough to take one trip to Hawaii many years ago... While we were there we spent an entire day focused on the memorial (and obviously while in school it was brought up, etc etc)... Just taking a post to remember, even as I dislike remembering something so painful/destructive -- it is a huge part of all of our history and there are so many people that deserve to have time taken out of our current lives to think of them, remember and say an extra prayer. Giving thanks for those who lost their lives, those who lost their loved ones, so many different things to remember and pray for...


Personally feeling crappy as a female today although I truly am deeply thrilled for two of my friends -- learned one is six months with her first baby and the other made it safely through her first trimester.  I love the holiday season but today I feel so out of place and I do not know where I belong nor what to do about it.  I know I should not be feeling crappy but I can't shake it. Am doing extra laundry and put on holiday music. Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment