Friday, December 21, 2012

A week ago (12.14.12)


Angel memorial near Sandy Hook Elementary School

Today is the one week anniversary of a tragic loss.  I do not know if any shooting "rampage" could be stopped prior to it occurring (although hindsight is 20/20 as they say)... But there really are not any memorials for Nancy Lanza (the shooter, Adam Lanzas mother) and I wanted to make a point to say that despite whatever choices she did or did not make in her lifetime, I still think it is horrible that she was shot four times while laying in her bed before the twenty children and six adults were also murdered at Sandy Hook.  To date, officials have not found a reason for Adams actions -- so I am probably taking an unpopular stance here but I also mourn the loss of his life.  Obviously I would have preferred that he had NOT taken 27 lives and causing so much pain and confusion prior to taking his own life; however he was obviously not doing alright/not in a correct state of mind.  The loss of 28 more lives in a time when we are still at war, when countries across the world are still fighting, when there is hunger everywhere (yes, here in first world country USA), where we still mourn the losses of 9/11 -- and so much more... This is a holiday season, where hope, happiness, and joy should be found. Hopefully today will be my last memorial/commentary on Sandy Hook -- unfortunately with the world we are living in today there is likely something bad/negative around the corner. For the rest of the day I am going to try to maintain an illusion that everything is okay, listen to holiday music, do things that make me happy, and try to forget the hurt in the world.

"May the choirs of angels come to greet you,
May they speed you to Paradise"

No comments:

Post a Comment