Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stand by Rascal Flatts

"You feel like a candle in a hurricane/ Just like a picture with a broken frame/ Alone and helpless/ Like you've lost your fight/ But you'll be alright, you'll be alright"



Chorus:

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough

You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand
Life's like a novel

With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon

With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone

Start holding on, keep holding on

("Stand" by Rascal Flatts)


...I, like many before me, do realize that music can help in multiple situations...  We can use songs to celebrate when we are happy; wallow when we are sad; help us move past rough times; change our attitudes -- whatever we want can often be helped along by a few good songs/artists.  This particular song helps me remember that I CAN do things -- I am strong enough and it is worth it to continue to try and try and try again... (Yesterday I attended my 2nd funeral in four weeks and overall  I am trying to do better -- I am still searching and trying to remember the good).

No comments:

Post a Comment