Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 18th)

"Books are a hard-bound drug with no danger of an overdose. I am a happy victim of books."

(Okay, TUESDAY, but still.  Book entries are usually on Monday so...yes)
(Also the computer put them into alphabetical order - more random?)

I love the quote/image above -- especially the detail of letters/dust that "fly" off the page and turn into a hummingbird!  Found it recently and decided it had to be the image at the top of one of my "What are you reading?" posts.  I am not sticking strictly to books that have been read in the past week, although some are included, however I wanted to add some books that I normally may not have chosen on my own.  The following are a few books that were random pick-ups, lent by a friend, suggested reads, etc etc.  Also, obviously, I decided to not post this on Monday (17th) as planned but I had mentioned I might move my book entries to Tuesdays and that is what ended up happening this week and I should return to Monday posts next week so... Enjoy!

 1001 Cranes by Naomi Hirahhara

 A Loss For Words: The story of deafness in a family by Lou Ann Walker
(READ THIS ONE!!)

 A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

 Aztec by Gary Jennings
(Originally in Spanish, interesting read)

 Girl In Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland
(The history of a painting, starting now and ending with the subject!!)

 Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson


 Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout


 Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
(Emotional read - about the Holocaust in France)

 The Book Of Useless Information
(Great to have around the house, separated by random subjects)

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
(Fun "fluff" book, quick read)

No comments:

Post a Comment