Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Family


I absolutely love when song lyrics that are meaningful are combined with a good artist -- and better yet, this particular artist has added home videos from her childhood to make the above music video -- "The Best Day" by Taylor Swift is all about family.  Reminds me of a quote: "Family isn't always blood.  It's the people in your life who want you in theirs, the ones who accept you for who you are.  The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you no matter what." I love my family and that quote (along with this song) help remind me how lucky and blessed I am!  Thank you, to everyone who is in my family -- and to my friends as well...  I hope everyone has at the very least a handful of great memories -- and at the very best, too many great memories to recall even if you had decades with nothing to do but to try and recall all of them!

"The Best Day" Song Lyrics (Taylor Swift)

I'm five years old
It's getting cold
I've got my big coat on

I hear your laugh
And look up smiling at you
I run and run

Past the pumpkin patch
And the tractor rides
Look now -- the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep
On the way home

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day
With you today

I'm thirteen now
And don't know how my friends
Could be so mean

I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys

And we drive and drive
Until we've found a town
Far enough away

And we talk and window-shop
Until I've forgotten all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to
Now at school
I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day
With you today

I have an excellent father
His strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother
Inside and out
He's better than I am

I grew up in a pretty house
And I had space to run
And I had the best days with you

There is a video
I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen
And you're talking to me

It's the age of princesses and pirate ships
And the seven dwarfs
Daddy's smart
And you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world

Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side
Even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine

And I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day
With you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment