Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 24)

"Never judge a book by its movie"

The top two books series that I think about when I saw this quote were the seven Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, and the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.  In both instances I LOVE the books -- the way they are written, the stories, the images my mind makes up.  On the other hand I really hated the couple of Harry Potter movies I watched because they "destroyed" at least some of the world that I had created in my mind.  I know that on their own movies are very much enjoyed... but when books I really like are turned into movies, the movie tends to not only come off as "worse" in my mind, it also inevitably gets stuck and my imaginary world for that book is damaged.

The one exception I can think of is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen -- I actually really enjoyed the most recent DVD.  The music in particular is great and the book seemed to come to life through the movie.

That's all for today! Shall probably do a "book image" post next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment