Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (November 12th)

 "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers"

Last week (Nov 5th) I posted about a new book by a well-known historical fiction author, Philippa Gregory -- I had just read "The Kingmaker's Daughter" for the first time.  I realized afterwards that I had not really enjoyed reading "The White Queen" the first time around (indeed, it is still only half-way finished!)

However, I had forgotten most of "The Lady of the Rivers" and in re-reading it I find it has jumped to one of my favorites by Gregory.  Choosing the image to start todays post was quite easy because I have always loved books.  When I was quite young I was an advanced reader, and while I do love reading new material, I have found a comfort, a relaxation, in re-reading books.  Sometimes I re-read certain books every year or so; sometimes it will take me perhaps half a decade to return to a certain author or series.

I do encourage everyone to get a library card (or join in a book exchange program of sorts) -- if I was to have purchased every book I have ever read...well, I shall just say that I am thankful I never had to!  My reading horizons have been able to expand because I use libraries and I can borrow books from others!  So, no brand new books this past week, but still lots of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment