Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (November 5th)

 "If I'm honest, I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all." ~Audrey Hepburn

I have not been reading fairy-tales recently (although I did some of that while my godson and his twin sister were visiting this past summer -- sometimes just reading to myself and not them!)... I have, however, been reading many fiction and historical fiction books. My current favorite historical fiction author is Philippa Gregory -- I usually focus on King Henry VIII of England (and his three children) -- however there are "new" books of hers that are set before Henry Tudor ruled England.  This week I read, for the first time, "The Kingmaker's Daughter" and found it quite interesting.


I found it tied in very well with two other books she has written (and that I own -- the one above is currently borrowed from the local library) "The Lady Of The Rivers" and "The White Queen."  After skimming parts of the "older" two books, I think I like this recent read the best.  That is primarily due to the fact that I feel I grasped the history (well, fictional history) and that "The Kingmaker's Daughter" was a different perspective on the same situation.  This is a trilogy I would recommend, although if you are not interested in the time period (or historical fiction!) you may find these three books a bit daunting, particularly because they are not short books.  Hope everyone has a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment