Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 29th)

The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

As I was putting away various books I read, I found this story on one of my bookshelves.  I have read it perhaps only three times but re-reading it this week really reminded me how lucky I am to have people who love me.  This is a very short book, but it is absolutely not one I would suggest for people who have experienced any type of child loss.  It takes place (obviously?) just prior to Christmas and love is very apparent throughout the story. Basically it reminds us to not take life for granted. To love and enjoy and appreciate the time we have, particularly with infants/toddlers/young children -- most especially if they are our own.  Do not let time slip away -- reminds me of a quote. Something along the lines that we only have "sixty diamond minutes set in one golden hour" -- time is precious and life goes by faster than we think

No comments:

Post a Comment