Saturday, October 13, 2012

As a child...


"As a child we always wanted to grow up but now we realize that broken toys and lost pencils were much better than broken hearts and lost friends..."

So very thankful for my parents -- looking at my life I do not know what I would do without them.  I am truly blessed and so very lucky... I know I can never repay them for being there, everything they have done for me. The image/quote above I have had on the computer for a while.  Some days it helps me feel better and other days it makes me feel worse. If I look back in general I appreciate so much -- but if I look too closely at the past decade without stopping to catch myself I end up playing the "What If" game.  That almost NEVER works well. Having support (people, certain books, "comfort" food, etc) helps and I realized this past week that I have at least paused in the downward spiral I have been on.  Having perhaps my second worst health spiral ever really has been messing with me for the past few months.  I realized that I am finally feeling stable again -- I am at a much better place than I was, and although I still have another few weeks of doctors visits to get through, I can say that things will be alright. As of now I still feel there are things I will never get to do/have, but I am in a better place and that is great.  Need to write to my "France family" and do laundry this weekend... It was so nice to have a break from the warm weather and enjoy some clouds and rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment