Saturday, January 4, 2014

Life Is Not Always Perfect


"You need to see that life is not always perfect. We will not always get what we want. And though it hurts a lot, what should've happened, happened. Who should've left, left, and whatever's thrown you off course will always bring you to where it is you need to be." (Unknown author; image found online)

With a new year many people, myself included, often take a closer look at what has passed and at what is to come.  I know I tend to blame myself even when things are not my fault -- this quote reminds me that I am not responsible (at least not always!) for where I am in life.  Other people make decisions that can help me or hurt me -- I am the only one who can decide how others/their choices will change (or not change) my life.  This second quote/image was also found online and it is another good reminder:

"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace." (again, unknown author)... Life should not be a constant string of stressful moments, nor is it to be perfect. The ups and downs of life help remind us that we are to have faith and let go... Am hopeful that this new year I can face both the ups and the downs with more grace than I have previously

No comments:

Post a Comment