Friday, January 28, 2011

A Quote...


"When I was five years old, my parents always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy.' They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life."

I do not know who wrote this, nor when I first read it, but it follows my life and thought process very well.  [Although I am not sure this is the exact quote I read, but it is close enough].  So I have decided that today I am going to ramble a bit about being happy living life.  I have believed from the time I was very young that being happy was the most important thing growing up.  I understand that people can see "being happy" from different points of view, but for me being happy centers around family, nature, and an overall positive spirit.

Family and friends are quite important, not only because of the support they can offer you, but because of the support we can offer in return.  Trying to be a good person, offering help, not deliberately hurting people, volunteering -- these are all positive things.  I also think that having a family of my own one day will make me happy, but who knows -- perhaps being happy includes everything mentioned above (and either more or less!) but not being married.

At this point in my life I do not see how I would be completely happy without the love of my life being a part of my life, for me to support him and for him to be there to support me -- but life has gone on for so many people who say they are happy... And I know that I have had brilliantly wonderful happy moments/times in my life without being married.  So perhaps this year I should step back from the idea that I have in my head that includes a husband (and child/ren) and focus more on myself and creating happy moments for others.

Not sure where my ramblings are going, have lost my train of thought for the moment, so I shall end this blog for now.  I do hope that today everyone remembers something/some point in time that made them happy, and smiles at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment