Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Music, not books

Surprisingly for me, I have been getting songs (or particular artists) stuck in my head recently.  Don't get me wrong, I have read/re-read several books since this new year began, but today it has been all Frank Sinatra, all day.  What are some snippets from his top three (well, top three on my mind today) songs that have been floating around in my head you ask?  As follows...

"Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away" ... "I've got the world on a string/ I'm sitting on a rainbow" ... "Fly me to the moon/ Let me play among the stars/ Let me see what spring is like/ On a-Jupiter and Mars" ...

There are so many artists I enjoy listening to, but most of the music I lean towards can be classified as Country (I grew up with it and love it so please don't groan at me thank you in advance!), Christmas (I have a large family who I love and it is always a big holiday), and Classics.

Now don't ask me what songs/artists fall into what category please, nor should you assume I dislike others because these three are my "favorite" categories.  I listen to pretty much anything except electronica/high pitched/alien type sounds that go on forever and honestly make my eardrums feel like bleeding.  I listen to pretty much anything, especially if I am with someone - whether in a car for a quick trip to grab food, at a pub listening to different groups perform, or at a concert (the last I do rarely, but it has happened).

The title of this post made me pause because I do read quite a bit, so I suppose one of my future posts should include some of the books I have read and those I am interested in reading.  Until then, my unknown audience, I hope that you all have had a wonderful day and that tomorrow is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment